Members of a Workcamp group work on a local home. The repairs are free to applicants, the camp will start the summer of 2015.
- Workcamp still accepting applications for repairs The Group Workcamp Foundation is still accepting applications for home repairs for the 2015 summer season.During one week in the summer of 2015, hundreds of teenagers and adults will come to Rush County to perform minor home repairs for the elderly,
- Jury convicts Arlington man of aggravated battery
- Drive sober or get pulled over
- Otis Gibbs returns to Indianapolis this Friday
- Trip to Europe available for students and adults
Ice bucket challenge trending up
Internet trends are a dime a dozen these days. Everything from Tebowing to planking to the cinnamon challenge can cause a wave of social media activity that can last for weeks before fizzling out.
August 19, 2014
- Africa goes medieval in its fight against Ebola
- Democrat? Republican? There's an app for that
- Ice bucket challenge trending up
Nancy L. Sefton King, 76 Nov. 19, 1937 - Aug. 15, 2014
Nancy L. Sefton King, 76, passed away Aug. 15, 2014 in Simpsonville, S.C. Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014 at Springhill Cemetery in Decatur County with Rev. David Humphrey officiating.
- Stella T. Sampson, 93 May 30, 1921 - Aug. 17, 2014
- Delbert Lee Brewer, Sr., 74 Oct. 13, 1939 - Aug. 17, 2014
- Joshua Lee Bowlin, 24 May 4, 1990 - Aug. 16, 2014
- Nancy L. Sefton King, 76 Nov. 19, 1937 - Aug. 15, 2014
Women in Agriculture honorees for 2014 are, from left, Elisha Modisett Kemp of Marion County, who received the Leadership Award, and Kerry Dull of Boone County, who received the Achievement Award.
- Women honored with extension awards for dedication to agriculture WEST LAFAYETTE - Purdue Extension honored two women for their dedication and service to agriculture with the Women in Agriculture Achievement and Leadership awards Wednesday evening (Aug. 13) at the Indiana State Fair.The Achievement Award, which rec
- Abundant corn, soybean crops expected again in Indiana, nation
- Pinney Purdue field day Aug. 20
- Purdue: Cover crops make stover more profitable
- ASA responds to Russian ban on U.S. food imports
- Fishermen… How dedicated are they? I have heard a few fishing friends describe themselves as “avid” anglers. Knowing my self-descriptive fishing addicts friends, I am tempted to insert the word crazy rather than avid.Backing up my claim of anglers being deeply devoted to the sport, a
- Sports Briefs
- Meyer figuring out life in pro baseball
- Wayne making most of every moment in comeback
- Awards from boys hoops camp