On Monday, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced new measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
One of these measures included the closing of bars and restaurants to in person customers. Many local businesses and government entities have made changes to their hours as a result and restaurants are now offering delivery, carry out and curbside pick up.
Holcomb’s measures also extended to canceling events and gatherings of more than 50 or more people. Additionally, he ordered hospitals and surgery centers to cancel or postpone elective surgeries.
On Tuesday, US President Donald Trump advised citizens to avoid gatherings of 10 or more.
Below is a list of changes some local establishments and government offices have made to their hours of operation (all restaurants are either carry-out, drive-thru or curbside pick-up only):
• Pizza King (North Location) – Closed until further notice
• Pizza King (South Location) – Sunday – Thursday 10 a.m.-10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.-midnight. Grill and fryers will shutdown 30 minutes before close.
• Stagg’s Dairy Treats – Temporarily closed
• Park Restaurant – Monday – Thursday 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Curbside and delivery only.
• Mezcal Bar and Grill – Monday – Friday 10:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
• Corner Restaurant – Open daily 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. carry out and delivery only
• Elks Lodge – Bar and dining room closed until further notice
• Rushville Eagles – Closed until further notice
• Kroger – Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Casey’s General Store – Monday – Friday 5 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
• Country Made Boutique – Closed until further notice
• The Open Book – Closed until further notice
• Vogel’s Florist and Landscaping – Closed to foot traffic
• Rushville Pharmacy – Hours remain unchanged (Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and closed Sunday), but building is closed to the public. Parking lot pick up available. Call ahead (765-932-3328) to order what you need and order will be brought out. Orders may also be placed online, www.rushvillepharmacy.com or by email at email@example.com.
• Anytime Fitness – Closed until further notice
• Rushville Bowl – Closed until further notice
• First Financial Bank – Drive-thru only
• BMO Harris – Drive-thru only
• Rushville City Center – Closed to visitors. All business can be conducted via phone by calling 765-932-3735.
• Rush County Courthouse –Visitation to the courthouse is being restricted. Anyone who is sick should not enter the courthouse unless legally obligated or with prior authorization. All visitors are directed to call the courthouse before they come in. A screening process is in place on the first floor should anyone absolutely need to enter. Hours remain unchanged (Monday – Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday closed)
For information on other businesses, please call the business office for hours.