• The Rush County Health Department will not be at the Senior Center doing Senior Screenings in the month of September. They will resume their normal schedule in October.
• There will be a Comedy Night at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7 at the Rushville Elks Lodge. The event is open to the public. A $5 food and drink special is being offered from 5 to 8 p.m. For more information contact 765-938-1307.
• The town of Carthage will hold the regularly scheduled monthly board meeting at 6 p.m. Sept. 9, at Carthage Town Hall, 6 west 1st street, Carthage.
• A Day Never Forgotten – In honor and remembrance of Sept. 11. Join members and staff at Flatrock River Lodge on Sept. 10 as they honor all military, medical, law enforcement and fire personnel for their daily sacrifices. A dinner will be provided at Flatrock River Lodge (904 E. 11st Street, Rushville) from 5 to 7 p.m.
• The Rushville Church of Christ will host its Annual Congregational Meeting at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 26 at the church building located at 627 W. 11th St. An annual report will be provided, a proposed annual budget will be submitted for approval and officers will be elected. All members are encouraged to attend this important meeting.
• Arlington Elementary Hog Roast will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 27. Dinner will be from 5 to 7 p.m. with the carnival from 6 to 8 p.m. and the live auction from 7 to 8 p.m.
• Rehearsal for the Rush County Chorale Dec. 7 and 8 Christmas concert will be from 7 to 9 p.m. on Sept. 9, Sept. 16, Sept. 23, Sept. 30, Oct. 7 and Oct. 14 in the high school choir room. All are welcome.
• Gleaners Mobile Food Pantry will have year round service in Rushville this year. Gleaners requires no identification or application to participate in their program. Bring your own boxes or bags to the site, as none are provided. The dates are once a month, the first Monday at the Rush County Fairgrounds from 4 to 6 p.m. When the first Monday is a holiday, the delivery will be the second Monday of the month. Please do not arrive at the fair grounds until after 2 p.m.
• Rush County Community Assistance Food Pantry located on 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. On the fourth Monday of the month, the pantry is open from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please bring proof of address. Donations are welcomed.
• Main Street Christian Church Clothing Closet will be opened every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon. Clothes, household, personal items, etc. Please use north back door.