Events JANUARY Jan. 25

• The Knights of Columbus all-you-can-eat chicken fry will be from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, January 25. Cost is $11 for adults and $6 for ages 12-and-under.

• Phoenix Lodge 62 and Martha Poe 143 would like to invite the public to a freewill community breakfast on Jan. 25 from 6:30 to 10 a.m. located at 841 S State Road 3 Rushville. Breakfast will include scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, homemade sausage gravy and biscuits, coffee, orange juice, milk, and water. Carry outs will be available.


• The Milroy Community Food Pantry will be open from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Feb. 1 at Milroy Elementary School (300 N, Walnut Street, Milroy) Everyone is welcome – no restrictions. Bring your own boxes and/or bags.

• The Knightstown United Methodist Women will host their Annual Chicken Noodle Dinner from 4:30 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 1 at the Church Fellowship Hall at 27 S. Jefferson Street in Knightstown. The dinner will include homemade noodles served with mashed potatoes, green beans, slaw, a drink and homemade rolls and homemade pie. A free will offering will be collected.

Feb. 14

• The Rush County Veterans Memorial Foundation will host a drawing for a raffle it is holding on Friday, Feb. 14. The raffle winner will receive a trip to Pigeon Forge during the weekend of May 15 and 16. Tickets are $25 each or four for $80. Tickets are available at the Mocha Moose and by contacting Tim McCord at 765-561-1184.


• The Marick Event Center, located at 300 East Street in Carthage, is hosting FREE Friday night Jam Sessions on the second and fourth Fridays of each month. The music starts around 6:30 p.m. Concessions will be available including chili and hot dogs. For more information, call 765-565-6946.

• Rush County Community Assistance Food Pantry located on 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. On the fourth Monday of the month, the pantry is open from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please bring proof of address. Donations are welcomed.

• Main Street Christian Church Clothing Closet will be opened every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon. Clothes, household, personal items, etc. Please use north back door.

• Rush2Health, Rush County’s health coalition, meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4: 15 p.m. in the Cultivation Room of Rush Memorial Hospital. Anyone who would like to join is most welcome. Contact Dixie Meyer, RN, in the Rush County Health Department, 765-932-3103.• Every Wednesday “A Better Life – Brianna’s Hope” meets at the Filling Station, 219 N Perkins, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Struggling with addiction? Want a better life? Here is your opportunity. Give us a chance and we will prove we care about you more than we care about your addiction. We are shining a light into the darkness, God’s light. A home cooked meal is served. We BELIEVE.

• Martha Poe Chapter #143 order of the Eastern Star will have their regular stated meeting on the first Wednesday of each month. The meeting will be held at 841 S SR3. There are no meetings January and February.

• The St. Mary Food Pantry is open from 5 to 6 p.m. every Wednesday. Please call ahead for pick-up.

• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 11 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Elks Lodge at 223 E. 3rd St., Rushville. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629 2720.

• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.

• The community food pantry, 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Bring proof of address. Donations welcomed.

• AA group Hoosier Friends meets each Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m. at The Harbor in Knightstown (9002 U.S. 40). The Harbor is the old Jehovah Witness building. Information: 765-571-1662.

• AA and Al-Anon meet at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.

• Veterans if you have an appointment at the Richard Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis call 765-561-6497. Seven to 10 days notice is requested. Veterans with less notice may also call and will be transported as best as possible. Volunteer drivers are always needed, you do not need to be a veteran to apply. Help those who have served our country.

• Rush County Victims Assistance, Inc., is meeting quarterly (January, April, July and October) on the second Monday of the month at 6 p.m. For location contact the office at 938-1555. The public always is invited. Info: Barbara Kuhn at 938-1555.

• The Rush County Board of Health will meet the third Tuesday of each month in the Rush Co. Health Dept., Room 105 of the courthouse. For more information call 765-932-3103.

• The Carthage Literary Club meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the library in Carthage.

• The Rush County Health Department offers an immunization clinic each month. For those who are on Medicaid, uninsured or underinsured are eligible for the vaccines. Immunization Clinics for children are on the first Thursday of the month between the hours of 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. in Room #105 in the courthouse. Immunizations available are Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Hib, Hepatitis B, Varicella (Chickenpox), Prevnar, Rotavirus, HPV (Gardasil) and Meningococcal (Menactra). These are provided free of charge from the Indiana State Department of Health to children through the age of eighteen. Children under eighteen are required to have a parent or guardian fill out and sign permission forms each time the child receives an immunization. Records of previous immunizations should be brought in with the child. Federal guidelines states if a child has insurance coverage, other than Medicaid, you will need to contact the insurance carrier to see if the insurance covers vaccines. If it does, you will need to contact your doctor and have the child receive his/her vaccine from the doctor. Even if you have a deductible or co-pay, you must get the vaccine from the doctor. To be eligible to receive the immunizations at the Rush County Health Department, you must be on Medicaid, OR be uninsured, OR be underinsured which means that the insurance does not cover vaccines or a particular vaccine.

Recommended for you