• Big Flatrock Christian Church invites everyone to their annual smoked pork chop supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, July 12, at the Manilla Fire Department, 9234 State Road 44, Manilla, IN 46150. Menu is smoked pork chop, cheesy potatoes, green beans, cole slaw or applesauce, dessert and drink for only $8. Carry-outs available. Dorcas Circle II will have a basket raffle for bird house items and car wash supplies.
• The annual Orange School Reunion will be held Sunday, July 14, at the Glenwood Community Center. Register is at 11:30 a.m. with meal approximately 1 p.m. Pitch-in meal with fried chicken, table service and beverages provided. Reservations phone to 765-969-5769 or 765-679-5159 by June 30 for ordering chicken. Anyone who attended either of the Orange schools are welcome to attend. There are no dues. Donations to pay for cost of building rental and purchase the fried chicken are welcome. If you have Facebook, please post to contact classmates and Orange friends.
• Little Flatrock Christian Church will hold the annual Vacation Bible School from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 15-19. Preschool through 6th grade are welcome to attend. Our theme is Let Your Light Shine for Jesus.
• Flatrock River Lodge and Citizens State Bank will hold a School Supply Drive from July 15 to August 2. The organizations are seeking donations of pencils, paper, calculators, backpacks, folders, rulers, erasers, glue, etc. The drive will benefit all kids in the Rush County School Community.
• The Rush County Board of Health will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 16, in the Courthouse Assembly Room. For further information contact the Rush County Health Department at 765-932-3103 or E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Rushville Knights of Columbus #769 is hosting “Brats on the Lawn” from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, July 19. Free will donations with all proceeds going to the the Arc of Rush County. Brats, chips and sauerkraut will be served.
• A bridal shower for Jessica Ernstes, bride-elect of Garret Sammons, will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 21 2019, at the New Salem United Methodist Church Educational Building. They are registered at Home Depot; Bed, Bath and Beyond; Rushville Pharmacy and Target. All friends and relatives are invited to attend.
• Registration for Charles A. Beard Memorial Schools will be held at Knightstown High School, 8149 W US Highway 40, Knightstown from 1 to 7 p.m. July 23 and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 24.
July 26, 27 and 28
• The 32nd Annual Rummage Sale at Holy Family School in Oldenburg will be held from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, July 26; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, July 27; and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, July 28. Saturday Special will be all clothing and miscellaneous at 1/2 price. Sunday Special will be whatever clothing or miscellaneous will fit in a provided grocery bag will be $2.
• The 7th Annual Raleigh School Reunion will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 27, 2019 at the Raleigh Community Club in Raleigh. All former students are invited to attend and bring a guest. Snacks and drinks will be available. For additional information contact Shirley Biehl at 765-914-7432, email@example.com or check out the Former Raleigh School Students Facebook page.
• The Rushville Baptist Temple’s 2nd Annual Backpack Bash will be held July 27. Come to the Rushville Baptist Temple starting at noon for the 2nd annual backpack giveaway. Visit the church and get the supplies you need to get your child school-year ready. The giveaway is for students in grades kindergarten through eighth grade. First come, first serve. There will also be hot dogs, snacks and drinks provided. For more information, contact Pastor Jonathan Redd at 765-265-8459.
• The Manilla Fish Fry will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 9 and from 4 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 10. At 7 p.m. on Aug. 10, the drawing for a whole hog and a 1/2 Angus beef with processing will be held. Contact a Manilla Fire Department member to purchase tickets. Tickets will also be available at the fish fry. You do not have to be present to win.
• Gleaners Mobile Food Pantry will have year round service in Rushville this year. Gleaners requires no identification or application to participate in their program. Bring your own boxes or bags to the site, as none are provided. The dates are once a month, the first Monday at the Rush County Fairgrounds from 4 to 6 p.m. When the first Monday is a holiday, the delivery will be the second Monday of the month. Please do not arrive at the fair grounds until after 2 p.m.
• Rush County Community Assistance Food Pantry located on 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. On the fourth Monday of the month, the pantry is open from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please bring proof of address. Donations are welcomed.
• Main Street Christian Church Clothing Closet will be opened every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon. Clothes, household , personal items, etc. Please use north back door.
• Our community’s health coalition Rush2Health meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:15 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club of Rush County. All meetings are open to the public. Questions can be directed to the Rush County Health Department at 765-932-3103.
• Every Wednesday “A Better Life - Brianna’s Hope” meets at the Filling Station, 219 N Perkins, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Struggling with addiction? Want a better life? Here is your opportunity. Give us a chance and we will prove we care about you more than we care about your addiction. We are shining a light into the darkness, God’s light. A home cooked meal is served. We BELIEVE.
• Martha Poe Chapter #143 order of the Eastern Star will have their regular stated meeting on the first Wednesday of each month. The meeting will be held at 841 S SR3. There are no meetings January and February.
• The St. Mary Food Pantry is open from 5 to 6 p.m. every Wednesday. Please call ahead for pick-up.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 11 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Elks Lodge at 223 E. 3rd St., Rushville. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629 2720.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.
• The community food pantry, 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Bring proof of address. Donations welcomed.
• AA group Hoosier Friends meets each Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m. at The Harbor in Knightstown (9002 U.S. 40). The Harbor is the old Jehovah Witness building. Information: 765-571-1662.
• AA and Al-Anon meet at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.
• Veterans if you have an appointment at the Richard Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis call 765-561-6497. Seven to 10 days notice is requested. Veterans with less notice may also call and will be transported as best as possible. Volunteer drivers are always needed, you do not need to be a veteran to apply. Help those who have served our country.
• Rush County Victims Assistance, Inc., is meeting quarterly (January, April, July and October) on the second Monday of the month at 6 p.m. For location contact the office at 938-1555. The public always is invited. Info: Barbara Kuhn at 938-1555.
• The Rush County Board of Health will meet the third Tuesday of each month in the Rush Co. Health Dept., Room 105 of the courthouse. For more information call 765-932-3103.
• The Carthage Literary Club meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the library in Carthage.
• The Rush County Health Department offers an immunization clinic each month. For those who are on Medicaid, uninsured or underinsured are eligible for the vaccines. Immunization Clinics for children are on the first Thursday of the month between the hours of 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. in Room #105 in the courthouse. Immunizations available are Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Hib, Hepatitis B, Varicella (Chickenpox), Prevnar, Rotavirus, HPV (Gardasil) and Meningococcal (Menactra). These are provided free of charge from the Indiana State Department of Health to children through the age of eighteen. Children under eighteen are required to have a parent or guardian fill out and sign permission forms each time the child receives an immunization. Records of previous immunizations should be brought in with the child. Federal guidelines states if a child has insurance coverage, other than Medicaid, you will need to contact the insurance carrier to see if the insurance covers vaccines. If it does, you will need to contact your doctor and have the child receive his/her vaccine from the doctor. Even if you have a deductible or co-pay, you must get the vaccine from the doctor. To be eligible to receive the immunizations at the Rush County Health Department, you must be on Medicaid, OR be uninsured, OR be underinsured which means that the insurance does not cover vaccines or a particular vaccine.