• The 2013 Orange School reunion for graduates, and anyone else who had been a student, will be held Sunday, Sept. 22 at the New Salem Lion's Club. For further information and to make reservations contact Duane Beaver at 317-898-1034 or Flossie McFall at 765-825-1232.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up. South of the Flatrock River please put your heavy trash out the week of Sept. 22 through 29. Pick up will be the following week, Sept. 30 through Oct. 4.
• The City dump will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. the weeks of Sept. 23 through Oct. 4 if you would like to dispose of your own heavy trash at no charge.
• The Rushville Eagles will host Bingo on Fridays at 7 p.m. and on Sundays at 2 p.m. The community is invited. Information: 765-561-7472.
• Rush County Players holding auditions for this season’s opening show, Christmas in the Land of Oz. This is the highly anticipated annual “kids only” show which is being directed by Whitley Fisher. She is accepting auditions for ages Pre-K through seniors in high school. Auditions will be held at RCP’s new facility which is located at 306 N. Main St, Rushville, on Monday, Sept. 23, Tuesday, Sept. 24 and Wednesday, Sept. 25 beginning at 6:30 p.m. The show will be performed in early December. For questions you may call 765-938-1711 and leave a voice mail and an RCP Board Member will return your call.
• Milroy Monday Study Circle will meet Monday at 7:00 p.m. at the home of Marti Mullis. Linda Maple will present the program.
• The Manna Mission will be from 5 to 7 p.m. at Main Street Christian Church. Eat-in and Carry-outs are available. If you have any relatives or members of your churches that cannot attend the free meal, please feel free to get your loved ones a meal and take it to their homes.