• Phoenix Lodge #62 will hold a community breakfast from 6:30 to 10 a.m. at the Masonic Building located on Main Street above the old Princess Theatre. Cost is $7 and includes: Sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and pancakes. There is an elevator for those that need it to get upstairs. We hope that all will come out and enjoy this time of good food and fellowship.
• Gather your canned goods! Once again, The Gathering will be collecting canned goods on the parade route during RushFest on Sept. 21. Last year we collected a little over 225 cans! Let's top that this year! Support the food pantry and help stock their shelves!
• Rushville Eagles, 221 W. First Street, is hosting a breakfast from 6 to 11 a.m. Cost is a free-will donation. There also will be a rummage/bake sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Vendors may rent a table for $5. Info: Call Jeanine at 765-570-3176 or Karen at 765-561-7713.
• Pork Chop Dinner, 4-8 p.m., Manilla Fire Department. Tractor Pulls starting at 3:30 p.m. We will also have a gun give away.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Rush Fest Mayor’s Breakfast at the Elks Lodge followed by Plum Creek Christian Church's Amped Up 2013 service at the Riverside Park Amphitheater beginning at 11 a.m.
• Plum Creek Christian Church (PCCC) will be hosting "Amped Up 2013" at 11 a.m. at Rushville's Riverside Park Amphitheater on Sunday, Sept. 22. This is PCCC's annual contemporary and casual community outdoor service. If you are looking to visit a church, this is a very good opportunity to see what PCCC is all about. Everyone is asked to bring a lawn chair from home and encouraged to bring a covered dish/dessert for the meal afterward. PCCC will have some chairs on hand as well. Please enter at the Morgan Street entrance where you will be greeted by volunteers who will help you get parked and will handle any other needs you may have. PCCC is excited for you to meet their new youth minister who will be handling the fun activities along with his team. The afternoon will wrap up at 3 p.m. Come get your praise on with PCCC.