Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up week. North of the Flatrock River please put your "Heavy Trash" out the week of Sept. 15 through Sept. 22. Pick up will be the following week, Sept. 23 through 27.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m., on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics and items. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629-2720. The next meeting is 10 a.m. on Sept. 17, 2013.
• RushFest will sponsor a fundraiser for Changing Footprints at Offut Covered Bridge.
• Rushville Lions Homecoming Football game at the RCHS Lions Stadium.
• Wesley United Methodist Church Barbeque will be from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the corner of 8th Street and Fort Wayne Road. Big Willy’s cooking ribs.
• Jane Smiley CPA, Inc. is hosting a food drive for the Rush County Food Pantry at our office located at 640 E. 11th Street, Rushville from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20 as a 20th Anniversary celebration of our firm and Indiana CPA Day of Service. Please bring non-perishable food or a monetary donation. A free, outdoor lunch will be provided compliments of Jane Smiley CPA, Inc.
• The Rushville Eagles will host Bingo on Fridays at 7 p.m. and on Sundays at 2 p.m. The community is invited. Information: 765-561-7472.
• RushFest Celebration and Wendell Willkie Day Parade, third Saturday in September, all day throughout downtown Rushville. A poker run to tour the five covered bridges will also be held.
• Pink Droyd concert at Riverside Park Amphitheater (Originally scheduled for June 1 and postponed to Sept. 21, 2013, due to weather.)