Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Fathers and students of the Mays Elementary School Chapter of All Pro Dads will gather at 7:25 a.m. for their monthly breakfast meeting. Information: Matt Vance at email@example.com
• The Rush County Health Department will hold their next Senior Screening from 9 a.m. to noon at the Rush County Senior Center in Rushville. This is available to all Rush County senior citizens at no cost. These screenings include weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, hemoglobin and blood sugar. Also, health education will be included during the screening program. Referrals to private physicians will be made when needed. Any questions may be directed to 765-932-3103.
• Area 9 In-Home and Community Services Agency will be hosting its 21st Senior Picnic for older Hoosiers on Sept. 12 at Dunlapsville Pioneer Village on Brookville Lake from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost is $6.50 for the meal per person and all activities are at no cost. RSVP by Sept. 5 to Area 9 Agency at 765-966-1795 or 1-800-458-9345 to reserve your lunch.
• Roots Blower Retirees pitch-in dinner with Local 1118 UAW, 11:30 a.m., Eastside Methodist Church, Connersville. Please bring a filled covered dish. Drinks, plates, etc., provided. Bring a friend. Widows welcome.
• Annual Blood Drive, 2 to 7 p.m., Knightstown United Methodist Church, Fellowship Hall. Contact Judy Barnes at 765-345-5491. Roll up your sleeve and give. The life you save may be your own.
• Arlington Elementary School Annual Hog Roast and Carnival at the Arlington Elementary Cafeteria. The meal begins at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 7 p.m. while the carnival of fun runs from 5-7 p.m. There will also be an auction at 6 p.m. Tickets for the hog roast meal cost $7. Meal includes a pork sandwich, applesauce, chips, greenbeans, dessert and a beverage. An extra sandwich is only $3 while the kid’s hotdog meal is $5. Advance tickets now available from students.