Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• RCHS Band Boosters Annual Fish Fry before the first Rushville Lions home football game vs. New Castle. The Fish Fry will be held from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30, in the RCHS Cafeteria. Tickets are $6 in advance and $7 at the door and are available from any RCHS band student or at the door. Carry outs available. Menu includes: Fish tail sandwich (hot dogs available), cheesy potatoes or macaroni & cheese, applesauce or cole slaw, dessert and drink. A portion of the ticket sales will go into the band student accounts and can be used by students to help with expenses for band trips or for band equipment and supplies they may need to maintain their instruments throughout the year.
• Craig Smith golf open starts at 9 a.m. Aug. 30 at Horseshoe Bend Golf Course. Registration deadline is Sept. 29. Cost: $280 per team or $70 per person. Day includes a $50,000 hole-in-one challenge. Teams and players needed. Info: 765-561-9158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 54th Semi-Annual Milroy Amish School Consignment Auction, Bake & Quilt Sale, 9 a.m., at the Milroy Amish School, 2101 W. 900 S., Milroy, on Saturday, Aug. 31.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• St. John’s, Enochsburg, church picnic is Sept. 1. Chicken and roast beef dinners served beginning at 11 a.m. Games, beer garden, raffles, silent auction.
• Labor Day, no school.
• Gleaners Mobile Food Bank rescheduled to Sept. 9 because of the Labor Day holiday.
• The first Tuesday of every month a free health check is available at Miller’s Merry Manor, 2 to 3 p.m. Blood Pressure, blood sugar and weight checks. Refreshments will be available.