• Indiana Farm Bureau District 8 Fall meeting, 3 to 7 p.m., home of Mark and Linda Bacon, 3175 W 150 S, Milroy.Speaker: Nathan Reding, futures trade manager, Consolidated Grand and Barge. RSVP by Sept. 5 to the Rush County office at 932-5961.
• In September, the dates for the Mobile Food Bank will change to Sept. 9 instead of Sept. 2 because of the Labor Day Holiday. In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville. The Mobile Food Bank, which normally is scheduled on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents, will be here Monday, Sept. 9, instead of on Labor Day. The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.
• All parents of band students in middle school and high school are invited and encouraged to volunteer and help through the Rush County Band Boosters Organization. The next meeting will be at 6 p.m. in the RCHS Band Room. The Band Boosters regularly meet the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Band Room. . For more information about Band Boosters or to add your information to the e-mail reminder list please contact president Charles Brown at email@example.com.
• Area 9 In-Home and Community Services Agency will be hosting its 21st Senior Picnic for older Hoosiers on Sept. 12 at Dunlapsville Pioneer Village on Brookville Lake from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost is $6.50 for the meal per person and all activities are at no cost. RSVP by Sept. 5 to Area 9 Agency at 765-966-1795 or 1-800-458-9345 to reserve your lunch.
• Arlington Elementary School Annual Hog Roast and Carnival at the Arlington Elementary Cafeteria. The meal begins at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 7 p.m. while the carnival of fun runs from 5-7 p.m. There will also be an auction at 6 p.m. Tickets for the hog roast meal cost $7. Meal includes a pork sandwich, applesauce, chips, greenbeans, dessert and a beverage. An extra sandwich is only $3 while the kid’s hotdog meal is $5.00. Advance tickets now available from students.