• Community Bingo at Miller’s Merry Manor on the first Friday of each month at 2 p.m. Free and open to the public! Join us for an hour of fun and a chance to win prizes! Please call 765-932-4127 with any questions.
• Third Annual Gospel Sing begins at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7 at Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater. Come early, bring a picnic dinner, lawn chairs and blankets. This Ecumenical service is a non-denominational program with local performers from the area. The Gospel Sing is free and the public is invited and encouraged to attend this uplifting event.
• First Annual Walk for Alzheimer's in Knightstown at 9 a.m. in conjunction with the Knightstown Hoosier Fall Festival on National Road Heritage Trail off of 40 just east of Knightstown. For directions go to www.hchcin.org/nrhtr.html. Entry fee $15. Mail name, address and phone with s-xxl t-shirt size and entry fee to Alzheimer's Walk, P.O. Box 146, Knightstown, IN 46148. All proceeds benefit The Alzheimer's Association of Indiana. Contact: 800-340-7231. Sponsorships available.
• moontree music fest featuring bands from the tri-state area, wine and beer tasting, food, flea market, arts and crafts booths, at High Point Orchard, 3321 N. Old Hwy 421, Greensburg. Tickets at www.artsingreensburg.org for $15 or at the gate for $20.
• INFBPW/Knightstown will be selling Walking Tacos, soft drinks and water at the Knightstown Fall Fest on the Knightstown Square on Sept. 7 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday Sept. 8 from noon to 5 p.m.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Kyle Henderson Memorial Scholarship Day is Sunday, Sept. 8, at Rushville Pizza King North and South locations. 10 percent of all sales will benefit the Rush County Community Foundation Kyle Henderson Memorial Scholarship Fund. This scholarship is given annually to a RCHS senior planning to study a field related to agriculture, HV/AC or electricity. Since 2009, eight deserving Rush County students have benefited from this scholarship.