• Open House at Milroy Elementary for grades 1 to 6, is 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 13.
• Join in the Blue River Young Marines orientation at 6:30 p.m. at Dodd's Hall in Morristown.The Young Marines is not a recruitment organization for the military, but a world-wide organization for youth, both boys and girls, between the ages of 8-18. The program emphasizes self-esteem, self-discipline, self-worth and drug, alcohol and tobacco resistance. Physical fitness and leadership skills are also emphasized.Visit http://www.youngmarines.com/ and http://www.blueriveryoungmarines.com/ for more information or contact Tim McCord at 765-561-1184.
• Shirley's Founders Day Talent Show at 7 p.m. with a musical prelude by Joan Cupp at 6:30 p.m. in the big tent at Shirley Park. Bring a lawn chair. Entry blanks at townofshirley.com or 765-738-6433. First prize $100. Second $50. Third $25. Entries are limited due to time.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Moster-Vannatta Reunion for Descendants of Joseph Moster-Fame Vannatta, lunch at noon, Roberts Park, Connersville, Liberty Building by pool. Bring a covered dish, own service, drinks. Bring pictures, family info and games. Contact Karen Moster Clark at 765-825-6738.
• Open House at Mays Elementary for grades 1 to 6, is 5 to 7 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 19.
• Open House at Benjamin Rush Middle School will be from 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 21. You’ll have a chance to follow your child’s schedule to meet their teachers. Also, you can visit a Book Fair in the Media Center during Open House. Refreshments will be served in the cafeteria.
• Concert - Who’s Bad (The Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Band) free concert at Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater.