• Milroy School Alumni Association will hold an alumni meeting at 7 p.m. at the Milroy United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall. We would like to have as many alumni attend this meeting as possible. Bring your ideas. We will be discussing several ideas to keep the Alumni Association alive. Iinformation: Carolyn Logsdon at 765-629-2667 or 765-629-7412.
• Rush County Health Department Immunization Clinic for children from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. in Room 105 at the Rush County Courthouse. Information: 932-3103.
• Ivy Tech Community College Richmond admissions staff and advisors will be at Rushville Public Library 10 a.m. to 2 pm. providing information on admissions requirements, financial aid, classes and degree/certificate programs and registering current students for the fall semester that starts Aug. 19. Those unable to meet with the representatives and have questions should contact Stephanie Hill Alexander at 1-800-659-4562, ext. 1216 or by email email@example.com or call 888-IVY-LINE (489-5463) from 7am-1am Eastern, seven days a week or ivytech.edu.
• The Rush Co. Master Gardeners and Friends will meet at 6:30 pm at the Rush County Nature Center, located behind the Rushville Elementary School. We will also be joined by members of Hancock Co. Herb Society. Marvin Kuhn will give us the history of the center, a tour of the different areas, and show us what is currently growing at the Nature Center. Anyone interested in gardening is welcome to join us.
• Manilla Fish Fry at the Manilla Fire Station 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, Breakfast 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3 and Fish Fry again 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. Fish Fry is $8 meal with kid's meals available. Carry-outs available. Drawing for whole hog and 1/2 of Angus beef with processing included. Tickets sold at events with drawing held at 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. R6 Band playing 6-8 p.m. Friday Aug. 2. Garden tractor pulls starting 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. Information: Toma Weitzel 317-401-0769.