Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Registration for Rushville Consolidated High School will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, from 8 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, July 31, and from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Aug. 1.
• The Manna Mission will be having a cook-out from 5 to 7 p.m. at Main Street Christian Church. Eat-in and Carry-outs are available. If you have any relatives or members of your churches that cannot attend the free meal, please feel free to get your loved ones a meal and take it to their homes.
• Free school supplies sponsored by The Salvation Army Tools for School program provides basic school supplies for children whose parents cannot afford the items necessary for their children to succeed in school. The Salvation Army will once again be handing out a limited number of free school kits (1 kit per student) for K-12 students of Rush County. The only requirements of eligibility to receive a school kit are that the student must attend a Rush County School and the student must be present when picking up the school kit. School kits are to be picked up at the First Church of God (1200 W. US HWY 52 – enter through the main entrance doors from the parking lot) each morning (9 a.m. to noon) this week until Friday, Aug. 2 or until supplies last. For more information call 765-932-5138.
• All Rush County Schools kindergartens will have Open House at 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 31.
• Registration for Benjamin Rush Middle School will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 31 and 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Aug. 1.
• Orientation will be at 5:30 p.m. for seventh-grade students and new students to BRMS.