Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Knights of Columbus will host an all you can eat chicken dinner open to the public Saturday, Jan. 25 from 5-7:30 p.m. at 227 E 3rd Street.
Cost will be $10 for adults and $6 for children. An additional $1 will be charged for a meal with all white meat. All you can eat meals are restricted to dine in only. Carry out will be available. For more information contact Willie Wilson at 932-2277.
• There will be a Youth Football Meeting at 7 p.m. Sunday in the RCHS cafeteria for anyone interested. The new football coach will be at the meeting. Topics include discussing plans and changes for next season and the election of officers.
• Barbara Street, President CEO of ASG, Inc. administrative offices of WorkOne in Region 6 which includes Rushville WorkOne is retiring and there will be a special retirement celebration from 4 to 7 p.m. Jan. 30 at Open Door Health Services, 333 S. Madison St., Muncie, Indiana. Recognition and remarks will be from 5:30 to 6 p.m.
• Feb. 4 is the earlybird deadline to register for the 2014 Women in Ag Conference that will be held on Feb. 19 and 20 in Jeffersonville. This two-day conference focuses on women’s role in agriculture and will give participants an opportunity to network with others who are in the same position. Registration booklets can be picked up at the Rush County Extension Office, Room 103 of the Courthouse. You can register online by going to www.extension.purdue.edu/rush. Questions can be directed locally to Extension Educator Gracie Marlatt at 932-5974 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Columbus Star Quilters' Guild regularly scheduled meeting will be held Feb. 5, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. The Quilt Show Committee will discuss plans for the Quilt Show in October. You will not want to miss this meeting as the committee will announce the categories and Challenge for the 2014 Show. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.