---- — Events
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m., on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information, call (765) 629 2720.
• The Relay for Life for Rush County will hold a committee meeting at 6 p.m. in the council champbers and a team captain meeting at 7 p.m. in the council chambers. Upcoming committee meetings will be at 6 p.m. in the council chambers on Feb. 20, March 20, April 17 and May 15. Upcoming team captain meetings will be at 7 p.m. in the council chambers on Feb. 20, March 20, April 17 and May 15.
•Knights of Columbus will host an all you can eat chicken dinner open to the public Saturday, Jan. 25 from 5-7:30 p.m. at 227 E 3rd Street.
Cost will be $10 for adults and $6 for children. An additional $1 will be charged for a meal with all white meat. All you can eat meals are restricted to dine in only. Carry out will be available. For more information contact Willie Wilson at 932-2277.
• Feb. 4 is the earlybird deadline to register for the 2014 Women in Ag Conference that will be held on Feb. 19 and 20 in Jeffersonville. This two-day conference focuses on women’s role in agriculture and will give participants an opportunity to network with others who are in the same position. Registration booklets can be picked up at the Rush County Extension Office, Room 103 of the Courthouse. You can register online by going to www.extension.purdue.edu/rush. Questions can be directed locally to Extension Educator Gracie Marlatt at 932-5974 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Columbus Star Quilters' Guild regularly scheduled meeting will be held Feb. 5, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. The Quilt Show Committee will discuss plans for the Quilt Show in October. You will not want to miss this meeting as the committee will announce the categories and Challenge for the 2014 Show. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.
• Knights of Columbus will host an all you can eat chicken dinner open to the public Saturday, Feb. 22 from 5-7:30 p.m. at 227 E 3rd Street.
Cost will be $10 for adults and $6 for children. An additional $1 will be charged for a meal with all white meat. All you can eat meals are restricted to dine-in only. Carry out will be available. For more information contact Willie Wilson at 932-2277.
• The Rushville High School Class of 1964 will be celebrating our 50th class reunion in June and have a few classmates who have not been located. If you have any contact information on David Michael Kalp, Ted Lacy, Byron Thomas, David Stevens, Barbara Moore Scott, Norman Boyer, Connie Carlin, Michael Clifford, Gary Nixon, Jack Swegman or Rose Wilkinson, please email Sherri Griffis at email@example.com.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
If you know a '64 graduate that has not received information on our upcoming get together, please use the same email to let us know.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.
• The community food pantry, 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Bring photo ID. Donations welcomed.
• In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents.
The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets each Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown. Use the east entrance at the corner of Adams and Locust streets. Information: 765-313-1637.
• Diabetes education classes are held from 5 to 7 p.m. on the first, second, and third Tuesday of each month at Rush Memorial Hospital Skills Lab, second floor. Cost, $10 per class with a $25 refund if all three classes are attended. Info: 765-932-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Partners for a Healthy Rush County meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Boys & Girls Club. Open to all interested businesses, organizations or individuals in Rush County.
• AA and Al-Anon meet at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.
• Crossroads Serenity Group, an Al-Anon group, meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Monday at 333 N. Main Street, Rushville. Information: Gail at 317-642-9112 or Larry at 765-277-9477.
• Veterans, if you have an appointment at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis call (765) 932-3075, seven to 10 days in advance, to arrange a ride in the DAV van. Veterans who need a ride sooner call (765) 561-5445 or (765) 932-2703.
• Rush County Victims Assistance, Inc., monthly meeting on the third Monday of each month at 6 p.m. For location contact the office at 938-1555. The public always is invited. Info: Barbara Kuhn at 938-1555.