Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Lora Brook Hatfield Scholarship Fundraisers from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 9, hog roast, DJ Kevin Green, and silent auction, Horseshoe Bend Golf Course. Outing on Saturday, Aug.10, with an 8 a.m. registration and 9 a.m. tee time . Lunch provided for golfers.
• Concert - Levi Riggs free concert at the Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater.
• The 24th Annual St. Mary School Golf Open at Antler Pointe Golf Course in Rushville. Tee times at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Cost is $ 55.00 per player / $ 220.00 per team. ( 4 person team scramble) Meal and golf carts included. Tee ad sponorships available for $ 40. For more information or to register a team or tee ad, please call Shawn & Stacy Adkins 765-932-3361 , Missy Koors 765-938-5613, or Jim & Stacey Cowan 765-663-2696.
• Descendents of James and Pricella Kinder Gorman are invited to the Gorman Reunion on Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013. Doors open at 11 a.m. with dinner at noon at the Shelter House in Sunset Park, Knightstown. Bring a well-filled basket and your own drinks. Table service will be provided.
• Teresa Hall Benefit Ride. Sign up 10 a.m. at the American Legion in Rushville. Ride at noon. Return at approximately 4 p.m. $10 for bike. Each additional rider $5. Hog roast following ride. Live entertainment, silent auction. T-shirts. Breast cancer awareness jewelry for sale.
• The Franklin County Democratic Party third annual Free 6th District Democratic Rally at 1 p.m. at the Franklin County Hilltop Shelter (Franklin County Fairgrounds). There will be a free cookout, entertainment and fun for the kids. Speakers include: John Zody - Indiana Democratic Party chairman, Beth White - Marion County Clerk of Courts, Terri Austin - State Representative along with other local elected officials. Remember this is a Free event so bring your family and friends! Information: Tom Vohland at 513-593-2345.