Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Manilla Lions Club is hosting a Pork Chop Dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. at their community building located on State Road 44 on the west side of Manilla. Cost $8.
• Arlington Elementary School Annual Hog Roast and Carnival at the Arlington Elementary Cafeteria. The meal begins at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 7 p.m. while the carnival of fun runs from 5-7 p.m. There will also be an auction at 6 p.m. Tickets for the hog roast meal cost $7. Meal includes a pork sandwich, applesauce, chips, greenbeans, dessert and a beverage. An extra sandwich is only $3 while the kid’s hotdog meal is $5. Advance tickets now available from students.
• Elementary School age student dance from 6-8 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Rush County. $3 per person. D.J. Kevin Green. Proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
• Phoenix Lodge #62 will hold a community breakfast from 6:30 to 10 a.m. Sept. 14 and Sept. 21 at the Masonic Building located on Main Street above the old Princess Theatre. Cost is $7 and includes: Sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and pancakes. There is an elevator for those that need it to get upstairs. We hope that all will come out and enjoy this time of good food and fellowship.
• A Youth Outdoor Exposition will begin at 9 a.m. on Sept. 14 at the Rush County Conservation Club, located just east of Rushville along SR 44. The sponsoring organization, the Hoosier Tree Dog Alliance, is providing activities such as a supervised archery and pellet gun shooting range, fishing skills and proper gear, watch working squirrel, bird and raccoon dogs, learn about modern trapping techniques, and more. Boy Scouts of America will have an encampment and share camping tips and other skills. Rush County Coonhunters will be offering free hotdogs and drinks. There will be a youth drawing for prizes. At 12:30 p.m. the Rush County Conservation Club will open their trap range for those attending to test their marksmanship skills. The event is free.