• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Kyle Henderson Memorial Scholarship Day is Sunday, Sept. 8, at Rushville Pizza King North and South locations. 10 percent of all sales will benefit the Rush County Community Foundation Kyle Henderson Memorial Scholarship Fund. This scholarship is given annually to a RCHS senior planning to study a field related to agriculture, HV/AC or electricity. Since 2009, eight deserving Rush County students have benefited from this scholarship.
• Indiana Farm Bureau District 8 Fall meeting, 3 to 7 p.m., home of Mark and Linda Bacon, 3175 W 150 S, Milroy.Speaker: Nathan Reding, futures trade manager, Consolidated Grand and Barge. RSVP by Sept. 5 to the Rush County office at 932-5961.
• In September, the dates for the Mobile Food Bank will change to Sept. 9 instead of Sept. 2 because of the Labor Day Holiday. In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville. The Mobile Food Bank, which normally is scheduled on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents, will be here Monday, Sept. 9, instead of on Labor Day. The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.
• Rehearsals for the upcoming Dec. 14 and 15 Rush County Chorale performances begin at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9 at the RCHS choir room. Those interested in participating are invited to come to a Monday night rehearsal and find out more about joining this long-standing Rush County musical organization.
• The Special Interest lesson will be held at 7 p.m. following the Council meeting. It will be held at the Church of Nazarene, 1214 N Main St., Rushville. Barbara Kuhn from Rush County Victim s Assistance will share with us for a special interest lesson. Following her program, we will visit the Phoenix House if possible. This program is open to all members and the general public. Please encourage your members to attend.