• Arlington Elementary School Annual Hog Roast and Carnival at the Arlington Elementary Cafeteria. The meal begins at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 7 p.m. while the carnival of fun runs from 5-7 p.m. There will also be an auction at 6 p.m. Tickets for the hog roast meal cost $7. Meal includes a pork sandwich, applesauce, chips, greenbeans, dessert and a beverage. An extra sandwich is only $3 while the kid’s hotdog meal is $5.00. Advance tickets now available from students.
• 8th Annual Donnie Frazier Memorial Scholarship Golf Tournament will begin at 9 a.m. Sept. 14 at Antler Pointe Golf Course. Price money for first and second places. 4 person ABCD Scramble. Minimum team handicap (5-up). $200 per team includes green fees and meal. Mulligans, skins, shirts, longest drive and putt. Information: Delbert Frazier 765-561-5533 or Tim Frazier 765-561-3077.
• Annual Ray's Crossing Day event on Saturday, Sept. 14. We will be cooking ham and beans over an open fire in a cast iron pot, baking up cornbread, grilling up rib eyes, and preparing other delicious side dishes that will be served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be a silent auction from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and a live auction to begin at 1 p.m. Our little country store will be open with fresh baked goods, books, and knick knacks. We will have antique engines on display, as well as, booths featuring Avon, Thirty-One, Party Lite, Tastefully Simple, homemade jams and jellies, crafts, and much, much more! Come out and join us for a day of food and fun at 2115 N 600 E, Shelbyville, IN 46176. The little white church that is the light of the community!
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.