• Third Annual Gospel Sing begins at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7 at Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater. Come early, bring a picnic dinner, lawn chairs and blankets. This Ecumenical service is a non-denominational program with local performers from the area. The Gospel Sing is free and the public is invited and encouraged to attend this uplifting event.
• First Annual Walk for Alzheimer's in Knightstown at 9 a.m. in conjunction with the Knightstown Hoosier Fall Festival on National Road Heritage Trail off of 40 just east of Knightstown. For directions go to www.hchcin.org/nrhtr.html. Entry fee $15. Mail name, address and phone with s-xxl t-shirt size and entry fee to Alzheimer's Walk, P.O. Box 146, Knightstown, IN 46148. All proceeds benefit The Alzheimer's Association of Indiana. Contact: 800-340-7231. Sponsorships available.
• moontree music fest featuring bands from the tri-state area, wine and beer tasting, food, flea market, arts and crafts booths, at High Point Orchard, 3321 N. Old Hwy 421, Greensburg. Tickets at www.artsingreensburg.org for $15 or at the gate for $20.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Indiana Farm Bureau District 8 Fall meeting, 3 to 7 p.m., home of Mark and Linda Bacon, 3175 W 150 S, Milroy.Speaker: Nathan Reding, futures trade manager, Consolidated Grand and Barge. RSVP by Sept. 5 to the Rush County office at 932-5961.
• All parents of band students in middle school and high school are invited and encouraged to volunteer and help through the Rush County Band Boosters Organization. The next meeting will be at 6 p.m. in the RCHS Band Room. The Band Boosters regularly meet the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Band Room. . For more information about Band Boosters or to add your information to the e-mail reminder list please contact president Charles Brown at email@example.com.