Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Join in the fun and help support the Booker T. Washington Community Building during their fundraiser from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 525 E. Seventh St., Rushville. There will be food, games and music for the community to come out and enjoy. Proceeds from the benefit will go to the Booker T. Washington Building Fund.
• Concert - Who’s Bad (The Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Band) free concert at 7 p.m. at Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater. Opener is 650North.
• Rush County Community Foundation Annual Chicken Fry with homemade desserts from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Rushville Knights of Columbus, 227 E. Third St., Rushville. Tickets: Adults $10. Children under 12, $6. Carryout all white meat meal $1 extra. Carryouts available. Pre-sale tickets available at the Foundation office, 117 N. Main St.. and from Foundation Board and Committee members. Come and enjoy homemade desserts and great fellowship with friends and family. Call 932-2277 for carry-out orders. If you haven't had the K of C fried chicken before, this would be a great time to try it! Proceeds benefit the Rush County Community Foundation.
• Brian’s Cause, 9 a.m. Walk at Rush Memorial Hospital. Registration at 8 a.m.
• Benefit ride for cancer patient Tim Parrett. Riders leave Rushville Eagles at noon and return around 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24. Music, raffle auction, 50/50 and hog roast dinner (free-will offering). $15 per rider, $5 for second person on each bike.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• New Salem United Methodist Church is hosting a fried chicken lunch from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25 in the New Salem Lions Club building on US 52. Full meal with sides and drink. $9 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under. Open to all!