Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Fathers and students of the Mays Elementary School chapter of All Pro Dads will gather at 7:25 a.m. on Tuesday, May 13 at their All Pro Dads monthly breakfast meeting. For more information on the Mays chapter contact Matt Vance at email@example.com.
• The Rush Co. Health Department will hold their next Senior Screening on Wednesday, May 14 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Rush Co. Senior Center. The screening includes weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, hemoglobin and blood sugar. Also, health education will be included during the screening program. Referrals to private physicians will be made when needed. This is available to all Rush Co. Senior citizens at no cost. Any questions may be directed to 765-932-3103.
• The Rushville Consolidated High School Band Boosters, in partnership with the Big Joe Duskin Foundation, will be presenting the Ball State University Jazz Lab Ensemble in concert at the Laughlin Center at 7 p.m. May 15. Tickets are available from local band students, at Benjamin Rush Middle School and at Second Hand Sue’s at 247 N. Main St., Rushville. All tickets are $10.
• The 4th annual Ashley Spurlin Memorial 5K walk/run will be held Saturday, May 17, at the RCHS cross country course and track. Registration is from 9 to 9:45 a.m. with the non-competitive walk/run starting at 10 a.m. All money raised goes to scholarships to RCHS students that want to attend Indiana State University.
• Understanding Social Security - An education session on Social Security will be held at 10 a.m., May 17, at the Rushville Public Library (130 W. 3rd St., Rushville). The session is free of charge. Deciding when and how to take Social Security. Benefits is confusing. There are 7 different Social Security strategies, 81 age combinations, and 567 sets of calculations. This educational session will help you understand Socia Security and how to maximize its benefits. Also...15 minutes to “Avoid Probate” with a VeteranEstate Planning Attorney. 15 minutes to debunk the myths of the “Reverse Mortgage” with a Government Qualified Specialist. 15 minutes preparing for the “Best of your life” and learning how to transition into the golden years properly with a Real Estate Specialist. For more information, call 317-318-8355.