Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
•The Relay for Life dance is CANCELLED for Friday, May 9.
• Michael Brashear/Hickory Wind will be at the Rushville Eagles from 8 p.m. to midnight on May 10. No Cover. All welcome 18 and over.
• Rush County Genealogical Society meeting will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 at the Rush County Historical Society Museum, 619 North Perkins, Rushville. After a short meeting we will again be helping with projects at the museum. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes. Projects we will be helping with: cataloguing, sorting books, photos, etc.
• Fathers and students of the Mays Elementary School chapter of All Pro Dads will gather at 7:25 a.m. on Tuesday, May 13 at their All Pro Dads monthly breakfast meeting. For more information on the Mays chapter contact Matt Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Rush Co. Health Department will hold their next Senior Screening on Wednesday, May 14 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Rush Co. Senior Center. The screening includes weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, hemoglobin and blood sugar. Also, health education will be included during the screening program. Referrals to private physicians will be made when needed. This is available to all Rush Co. Senior citizens at no cost. Any questions may be directed to 765-932-3103.
• The Rushville Consolidated High School Band Boosters, in partnership with the Big Joe Duskin Foundation, will be presenting the Ball State University Jazz Lab Ensemble in concert at the Laughlin Center at 7 p.m. May 15. Tickets are available from local band students, at Benjamin Rush Middle School and at Second Hand Sue’s at 247 N. Main St., Rushville. All tickets are $10.
• The 4th annual Ashley Spurlin Memorial 5K walk/run will be held Saturday, May 17, at the RCHS cross country course and track. Registration is from 9 to 9:45 a.m. with the non-competitive walk/run starting at 10 a.m. All money raised goes to scholarships to RCHS students that want to attend Indiana State University.