• The Rushville Consolidated High School Band Boosters, in partnership with the Big Joe Duskin Foundation, will be presenting the Ball State University Jazz Lab Ensemble in concert at the Laughlin Center at 7 p.m. May 15. Tickets are available from local band students, at Benjamin Rush Middle School and at Second Hand Sue’s at 247 N. Main St., Rushville. All tickets are $10.
• The 4th annual Ashley Spurlin Memorial 5K walk/run will be held Saturday, May 17, at the RCHS cross country course and track. Registration is from 9 to 9:45 a.m. with the non-competitive walk/run starting at 10 a.m. All money raised goes to scholarships to RCHS students that want to attend Indiana State University.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629 2720.
• The 30th annual Mays Alumni Banquet will be held Saturday, May 24, at the Mays Elementary School gym. Registration will begin at 4 p.m. with group pictures taken at 5:30 p.m. The meal will be at 6:30 p.m. All graduates, former teachers and friends are cordially invited to attend. Cost for the meal is $13. To make reservations, please contact Jane Leisure Hallgarth at 679-5943 by May 8.
• The Rush County Museum will be open from 2 to 4 p.m. the first Sunday of every month (through Oct. 5). The Rush County Museum, located at 619 N. Perkins St., is open during the week from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Thursday. For more information, conatct John Wilson at 765-663-2157.