• The 11th annual St. Vincent de Paul Charity Tea will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, May 3 in the parish hall at 4218 E. Michigan Rd., Shelbyville. Tickets are $20 and available by calling Pat Barley at 317-398-7556 or 317-398-9804.
• The Heart of Rushville will be sponsoring Rush County's Biggest Yard Sale on Saturday, May 3, at the Riverside Park Amphitheater. The sale will be open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Due to recent sell-outs, the RCHS Choral Department will now be putting on two Pops Concerts this year - 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and 2 p.m. Sunday, May 4 in the Laughlin Center. The concert features songs chosen by RCHS students from groups such as Imagine Dragons, The Beatles, Pharrell Williams, Norah Jones, Katy Perry, the Oak Ridge Boys, and many more. All five choirs of the school will perform, along with student groups Cloud 9 and Lovers' Dozen, and will be accompanied by guitars and drums.
Tickets are $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for students. See any RCHS choir member for tickets or contact Mr. Grizzard at 932-3901 or email@example.com
• The Rush County Museum will be open from 2 to 4 p.m. the first Sunday of every month (through Oct. 5). The Rush County Museum, located at 619 N. Perkins St., is open during the week from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Thursday. For more information, conatct John Wilson at 765-663-2157.
• Heirloom Plants is the topic of a special Interest lesson being presented by Rush County Master Gardener Jane Hallgarth at 7 p.m.on Monday, May 5, at the Rush County Fair Office, 1299 N Sexton Street. Call Purdue Extension – Rush County at 932-5974 with questions or to register. Free and open to the public, this program is sponsored by the Rush County Extension Homemakers.
• The Rush Co. Health Department will hold their next Senior Screening on Wednesday, May 14 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Rush Co. Senior Center. The screening includes weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, hemoglobin and blood sugar. Also, health education will be included during the screening program. Referrals to private physicians will be made when needed. This is available to all Rush Co. Senior citizens at no cost. Any questions may be directed to 765-932-3103.