• Please join others in the community to learn more about being a "voice for the child." The Rush and Shelby CASA program is hosting an informational meeting to learn more about becoming a CASA. the meeting will be held Wednesday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. at 2777 S. 840 W. (Rush Shelby Energy Bldg. on st rd. 44.) Manilla, IN. 765-544-0067 or 317-392-1212.
• The Manilla Town & Country Homemakers Club will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 23 at the home of Nancy Kuhn. Norene Wright is the co-hostess and she will give devotions. Evonne Kuhn will present a lesson on "Fraudulent Top Ten." Roll Call: Have you ever been scammed?
• The Noble Niters will meet at 7 p.m., April 23 at Changing Footprints. Karen Hoeing will be the assistant hostess. Inspiration provided by Judy Meyer and attendees are asked to bring a pair of shoes to donate.
• The CASA organization will have "Comedy for CASA Night" Thursday, April 24 from 6:30-8:30 p.m at the Occasions Banquet Hall in Shelbyville, IN; 415 E. Hendricks St. Featured comedians will be Jeff Bodart, Matt Holt and host will be radio legend Don Stuck. Tickets will be $20.
• At 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 25, Dr. Janette Fishell will present an IU Faculty Organ Recital at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 6045 E. State Street, Columbus. Everyone is cordially invited, admission is free. Dr. Fishell is Professor of Music and Chair of the Organ Department at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and is a teacher/recitalist of international standing.
• Calling all Greasers: the current RCHS drama department is hoping "Grease" cast members from the 1982 and 1998 stage productions will attend a performance of the 2014 presentation of "Grease." A special reunion show will be staged at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, April 25, and we're asking former cast members to join us on stage for a rousing revival of "We Go Together." Former cast members will get VIP treatment on Friday night, starting with a reunion check-in table located in the lobby to pick up name tags. The current cast is gearing up to make Friday night's show something truly special, and they hope former RCHS grads will join in the fun. Can't attend Friday night? There will be four shows total - at 7:30 p.m on April 24, 25, 26 and at 2 p.m. April 27. Reserved seating tickets are $7 and on sale now by calling RCHS at (765) 932-3901.