• Manilla Lions Club is hosting a Pork Chop Benefit Dinner for Bud Schutt from 5 to 7 p.m. at their community building located on State Road 44 on the west side of Manilla. Dinner $8.00. Carry-outs available. All profit going for Bud's medical expenses.
• Rush County Heritage invites one and all for a good old-fashioned picnic to be held at noon at the Offutt Bridge. The group wants to highlight the work they do with a celebration held at a covered bridge they successfully worked to save. The Offutt Bridge is northwest of Arlington on Offutt Bridge Road (formerly 475 W) just north of 300 N. Cars coming from Rushville might want to go north on SR 3, turn left on CR 300 N and continue for a few miles. The road to the bridge will be marked with a sign and balloons. Parking will be available at the site of the picnic. Heritage is furnishing hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks and table service. Guests need to bring a covered dish for the pitch-in meal and lawn chairs. The people cooking the burgers and dogs would appreciate knowing how many are coming, so please let Eleanor Arnold at 932-5204 know your plans.
• Hope Spot's Second Annual Back to School Day, 8 to 11 a.m., St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 426 N. Morgan St. We are offering backpacks with school supplies for our children going back to school. If you need help with providing these essential items for your children come and receive the items that your child(ren) will need.
• The RCHS Class of 2003 will be having its 10 year class reunion on Saturday, July 27, 2013 at the Rushville Elks Lodge. The reunion will start at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 prior to the reunion and $20 at the door. Contact Phillip Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• RCHS Class of 1973 40th Reunion. Golf at 9 a.m. at Antler Pointe; social time from 4-7 p.m. at Rushville Bowl; Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater "Class of 73" tent for the free Echo's in concert bringing live hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Contact: Mescal Winkler at 765-561-0878.