Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Free concert, 7 p.m., will be held at Rushville’s Riverside Park Amphitheater, 100 West Water Street Rushville, IN 46173. Rushville Riverside Park free summer concert series line up July 19: KIST (KISS tribute band). Opening band Zeke and the Geeks.
• KART racking all day Saturday and Sunday at the RCHS campus and Rush County Fairgrounds. See story in today's edition for details.
• Knights of Columbus Chicken Fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Adults $10 and children $6. Carryouts available. Menu includes: Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and cake. All white meat $1 extra. Open to the public. Information: 932-2277.
• The Carthage Home Ec group, Homemaker's on the Go, will have a Yard and Bake Sale during Carthage Community Days at the Carthage Henry Henley Library. The sale will begin at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. All proceeds will be donated to the Library.
• The Rush County Historical Society annual Children’s Day at the Gowdy House Museum, located at 619 North Perkins Street, Rushville. The event will take place from 1 to 4 p.m., rain or shine.
• The Boys and Girls Club of Rush County will be closed Saturday, July 20, through Sunday, July 28, for our annual cleaning. The club will reopen on Monday, July 29.
• The Scott Brooks Memorial Elks vs. Cancer Golf Tournament, 8 a.m., Antler Pointe Golf Club. Registration begins at 7 a.m. All proceeds go to the Elks Cancer Fund to benefit IUPUI Cancer Research Centers. Scramble format with teams of 4. Registration fees $55 per golfer. Awards, door prizes, a 50/50 Raffle, and a free lunch. Entry forms at the Elks Lodge, Antler Point Golf Club, or Horseshoe Bend Golf Course. RSVP by July 19 by calling the Elks Lodge at 765-938-1307. Any business interested in purchasing a hole sponsorship for $25, wishing to make a donation of a door prize, or entering a team may also call the Elks Lodge.