• Manilla Fish Fry 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, Breakfast 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3 and Fish Fry again 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. Fish Fry is $8 meal with kid's meals available. Carry-outs available. Drawing for whole hog and 1/2 of Angus beef with processing included. Tickets sold at events with drawing held at 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. R6 Band playing 6-8 p.m. Friday Aug. 2. Garden tractor pulls starting 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. Information: Toma Weitzel 317-401-0769.
• Community Bingo at Miller’s Merry Manor on the first Friday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Free and open to the public! Join us for an hour of fun and a chance to win prizes! Please call 765-932-4127 with any questions.
• Third Annual 5K Run/Walk in Carthage supports the Blue River Community Harvest and includes a 5K bicycle ride.
• Annual Pork Chop Dinner, Posey Township Volunteer Fire Department, 4-7 p.m., smoked pork chop, green beans, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, bread and butter, tomatoes, chips, applesauce, drink and dessert. $8 per person. $3 hot dog meal. Carry-outs available.
• The Cellular Connection, in a joint effort with its customers, will be donating 60,000 backpacks full of school supplies to children through its School Rocks Backpack Giveaway initiative.Local families can bring their children to the store between noon and 2 p.m. Aug. 3 to pick up a backpack filled with pencils, paper, a pencil box, folders, glue and more. The participating store in Rushville is located at 1814 N. Main St. Each store will donate between 100 and 150 backpacks. Leftover backpacks will be donated to local schools.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Waggener Community Pool last day to swim this season, hours noon to 5 p.m.