RUSHVILLE — Events
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• All the Rush County Schools elementaries (including Kindergarten) will have registration from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 24; from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 25; and from 8 a.m. to noon Friday, July 26.
• Manilla Lions Club is hosting a Pork Chop Benefit Dinner for Bud Schutt from 5 to 7 p.m. at their community building located on State Road 44 on the west side of Manilla. Dinner $8.00. Carry-outs available. All profit going for Bud's medical expenses.
• Rush County Heritage invites one and all for a good old-fashioned picnic to be held at noon at the Offutt Bridge. The group wants to highlight the work they do with a celebration held at a covered bridge they successfully worked to save. The road to the bridge will be marked with a sign and balloons. Parking will be available at the site of the picnic. Heritage is furnishing hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks and table service. Guests need to bring a covered dish for the pitch-in meal and lawn chairs. The people cooking the burgers and dogs would appreciate knowing how many are coming, so please let Eleanor Arnold at 932-5204 know your plans.
• Waggener Community Pool will hold a car was from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 27, in the parking lot of the pool. Money raised will help with the purchase of new lounge chairs for the pool next year.
• Hope Spot's Second Annual Back to School Day, 8 to 11 a.m., St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 426 N. Morgan St. We are offering backpacks with school supplies for our children going back to school. If you need help with providing these essential items for your children come and receive the items that your child(ren) will need.