• Only Rush County Schools Kindergarten students will attend school Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• Open House at Arlington Elementary for grades 1 to 6 is from 5 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• Open House at RES East and West for grades 1 to 6 is from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• The first Tuesday of every month a free health check is available at Miller’s Merry Manor, 2 to 3 p.m. Blood Pressure, blood sugar and weight checks. Refreshments will be available.
• Rush County Schools students grades 1 to 12 will begin school Wednesday, Aug. 7.
• Columbus Star Quilters' Guild special meeting on Aug. 7. The meeting will be an auction of the items from the generous sewing stash donation made by Carol Duncan. It will be held at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. There is no charge to attend. Doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the auction starts at 9:30 a.m.
• Rush County Schools grades K to 12 will all attend school Thursday, Aug. 8.
• The annual Bohn Aluminum and Brass Division lunch begins at 11: 30 a.m., Aug. 8, Greensburg Country Club/McCamments Cattleman's Inn. Buffet lunch begins at noon.
• Concert - Levi Riggs free concert at the Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater.
• The 24th Annual St. Mary School Golf Open at Antler Pointe Golf Course in Rushville. Tee times at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Cost is $ 55.00 per player / $ 220.00 per team. ( 4 person team scramble) Meal and golf carts included. Tee ad sponorships available for $ 40. For more information or to register a team or tee ad, please call Shawn & Stacy Adkins 765-932-3361 , Missy Koors 765-938-5613, or Jim & Stacey Cowan 765-663-2696.
• Descendents of James and Pricella Kinder Gorman are invited to the Gorman Reunion on Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013. Doors open at 11 a.m. with dinner at noon at the Shelter House in Sunset Park, Knightstown. Bring a well-filled basket and your own drinks. Table service will be provided.