Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m., on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics and items. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629 2720.
• Rushville Hardee's will donate 20 percent of sales from 5-8 p.m. on July 18 to Rush County Community Emergency Response Team. CERT is a service organization dedicated to emergency preparedness. To learn more about CERT visit fema.gov/community-emergency-response-teams/ or call Rush County EMA at 765-932-8391.
• Free concert will be held at Rushville’s Riverside Park Amphitheater, 100 West Water Street Rushville, IN 46173. Rushville Riverside Park free summer concert series line up July 19: KIST (KISS tribute band)
• The Carthage Home Ec group, Homemaker's on the Go, will have a Yard and Bake Sale during Carthage Community Days at the Carthage Henry Henley Library. The sale will begin at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. All proceeds will be donated to the Library.
• The Boys and Girls Club of Rush County will be closed Saturday, July 20, through Sunday, July 28, for our annual cleaning. The club will reopen on Monday, July 29.
• Knights of Columbus Chicken Fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Adults $10 and children $6. Carryouts available. Menu includes: Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and cake. All white meat $1 extra. Open to the public. Information: 932-2277.
• The Scott Brooks Memorial Elks vs. Cancer Golf Tournament, 8 a.m., Antler Pointe Golf Club. Registration begins at 7 a.m. All proceeds go to the Elks Cancer Fund to benefit IUPUI Cancer Research Centers. Scramble format with teams of 4. Registration fees $55 per golfer. Awards, door prizes, a 50/50 Raffle, and a free lunch. Entry forms at the Elks Lodge, Antler Point Golf Club, or Horseshoe Bend Golf Course. RSVP by July 19 by calling the Elks Lodge at 765-938-1307. Any business interested in purchasing a hole sponsorship for $25, wishing to make a donation of a door prize, or entering a team may also call the Elks Lodge.