Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629 2720.
• Tree County Players presents "The Wizard of Oz" at 7 p.m. June 19 and 20, 2014 and 2 p.m. June 21, 2014 in the Greensburg Jr. High School auditorium (505 E. Central Ave., Greensburg, IN 47240). Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students. Call 812-528-5289 for advanced reserved seat tickets. Any remaining seats will be sold at the door, one hour before the performance. Due to the show's popularity, advance ticket purchase is recommended.
• On the Rushville Public Library lot, the originial 1931 movie "Frankenstein" will be shown at 9:30 p.m. on Friday, June 20. The outdoor (in the dark) event is free to the public and sponsored by the Rush County Historical Society and the Rushville Public Library. Bring lawn chairs, blankets or something to hide under. Popcorn and drinks available (donation encouraged).
• Alex's 6th Annual Memorial Ride will take place June 21 with sign up from 10-12 at the Rushville Eagles, bikes will be leaving at noon. The cost is $15 per bike and $5 for an added rider. There will be a dinner, auction and entertainment. All proceeds and donations go to the Alex Workman Memorial Fund, an endowment set up o continually help autistic children in the area. For more information call 765-932-5303.
• On Saturday, June 21, the Hope Spot trailer will be open from 9 a.m. to noon for families to obtain clothing in the St. Paul's Methodist Church parking lot. In the event of rain, the education building will be open for clothing distribution. Hope Spot is a mission of St. Paul's United Methodist Church.