Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Manilla Lions Club is hosting a Pork Chop Dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. on Friday, June13 at their community building located at 2877 S 950 W, Manilla (off State Road 44). Cost is $9 adults, $5.00 children ages 12 and under. Carry outs available.
• The annual banquet and meeting of the New Salem Alumni will be at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 14 at the New Salem Lions Club Building. Feel free to come early and browse through the Eagles Nest, located at the school site, and socialize with friends. Please send reservations to Marcia Carney Snyder at 1287 S. State Road 3, Rushville, IN 46173. Reservations are $20 for alumni (dues and dinner) and $10 for spouses and guests. For more information, call 765-932-2350.
• Heart of Rushville Farmers' & Artisans' Market is open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Saturday through Oct. 11. Shop for fruit and veggies, farm fresh eggs, homemade jams and jellies, local honey, homebaked goods, and locally handcrafted items. Market is located on 3rd St., east of Main St. in the downtown Rushville. More information, contact Joyce Miller at 765-561-2572 or the Chamber of Commerce at 765-932-2880.
• The Rush County Genealogical Society meeting will be held at 11 a.m., June 14, at the Rushville Elks, 223 E 3rd Street, Rushville.
• Holli Spaeth Day at Stagg’s Restaurant and Dairy Treats will be Monday, June 16, 2014. A portion of the sales from that day will be contributed to the Holli Spaeth Memorial Scholarship Fund at the Rush County Community Foundation. To date this scholarship is awarded $26,000 to students attending a university, college or trade school that have been involved in school and community activities with preference going to active 4-H Junior Leaders. Please join Holli’s family and friends and have a great meal or dairy treat.