Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The Rush County Health Department will hold their next Senior Screening on Wednesday, June 11 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Rush Co. Senior Center. The screening includes weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, hemoglobin and blood sugar. Also, health education will be included during the screening program. Referrals to private physicians will be made when needed. This is available to all Rush County Senior citizens at no cost. Any questions may be directed to 765-932-3103.
• Wanted: All cowboys and cowgirls. Saddle up and ride on over as the Rush County Players present "Country's Finest" at 7 p.m. June 12 and 13 and at 5 p.m. June 14 at the Rushville Riverside Amphitheater. Cost is $5 for students ages 4 to grade 12 and $10 for adults. Concessions will be available for purchase. Will call for tickets at 765-938-1711.
• Manilla Lions Club is hosting a Pork Chop Dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. on Friday, June13 at their community building located at 2877 S 950 W, Manilla (off State Road 44). Cost is $9 adults, $5.00 children ages 12 and under. Carry outs available.
• The annual banquet and meeting of the New Salem Alumni will be at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 14 at the New Salem Lions Club Building. Feel free to come early and browse through the Eagles Nest, located at the school site, and socialize with friends. Please send reservations to Marcia Carney Snyder at 1287 S. State Road 3, Rushville, IN 46173. Reservations are $20 for alumni (dues and dinner) and $10 for spouses and guests. For more information, call 765-932-2350.
• Heart of Rushville Farmers' & Artisans' Market is open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Saturday through Oct. 11. Shop for fruit and veggies, farm fresh eggs, homemade jams and jellies, local honey, homebaked goods, and locally handcrafted items. Market is located on 3rd St., east of Main St. in the downtown Rushville. More information, contact Joyce Miller at 765-561-2572 or the Chamber of Commerce at 765-932-2880.