• Monday, Nov. 4, in cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, for distribution to local residents. The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into. Gleaners Mobile Food Bank returns the first Monday of each month.
• The first Tuesday of every month a free health check is available at Miller’s Merry Manor, 2 to 3 p.m. Blood Pressure, blood sugar and weight checks. Refreshments will be available.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild regular meeting at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. There is no charge for the regular Wednesday meeting. After a brief meeting, the Guild will work on their service projects. Please bring your machine and any other sewing instruments you might require. Also don't forget to bring a Show ‘n Tell for the meeting. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m.
• Elementary School age student dance from 6-8 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Rush County. $3 per person. D.J. Kevin Green. Proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
• Holiday Expo, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rushville Elementary School East and West gyms. Many vendors will be participating including craft vendors, various home consultants and businesses. There will also be a bake sale, lunch and door prizes. Admission $1. This event is a fundraiser for Rushville Victim's Assistance, Inc., St. Mary's PTA and the Rushville Republican Newspapers in Education. This is a great time to start your Christmas shopping, so please come and enjoy the day.