Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• RCHS Fall Choir Concert (originally scheduled for Oct. 3rd) has been moved to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 1 in the Laughlin Center for the Performing Arts on the RCHS campus.
• Ribbon Cutting for new Elementary School Trail and Harcourt Way walking trails in Rushville will be held at 4 p.m. Oct. 1. Meet at Comfort Inn West parking lot.
• U.S. Senator Dan Coats (R-Ind.) staff will visit Connersville City Hall, 504 N. Central Ave., in Fayette County from 10 a.m. to noon to meet with local residents and assist Hoosiers experiencing problems with a federal agency.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up. South of the Flatrock River Sept. 30 through Oct. 4.
• The first Tuesday of every month a free health check is available at Miller’s Merry Manor, 2 to 3 p.m. Blood Pressure, blood sugar and weight checks. Refreshments will be available.
• The City dump will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. the weeks of Sept. 23 through Oct. 4 if you would like to dispose of your own heavy trash at no charge.
• Columbus Star Quilters Guild regular meeting at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons welcome. no charge for the regular Wednesday meeting. Doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. JoAnn Ferguson will talk about her foundation-pieced jackets that win so many ribbons at area quilt shows. Bring a Show ‘n Tell for the meeting.
• Community Bingo at Miller’s Merry Manor on the first Friday of each month at 2 p.m. Free and open to the public! Join us for an hour of fun and a chance to win prizes! Please call 765-932-4127 with any questions.