Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The Cub and Boy Scouts pack and troop 33 will host a fish fry at The Knights of Columbus Friday, April 4 from 4:30-7:30 p.m. Cost per meal is $8.50 for adults and kids ten and under $6.00. Menu will include fried fish, au gratin potatoes, applesauce, french fries, green beans, homemade desserts, tea, lemonade and coffee. Their goal is to raise money for camping fees and supplies. Tickets are available from any scout or by calling 765-932-2378. Dine in or carry out will be available.
• Faith Community Church, Manilla, will host a Ham and Bean Supper to benefit disabled veterans from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 4. Tickets are $6 for adults and $3 for children under 10 years of age. There will be a cakewalk at 7 p.m. and a silent auction. Light Ministries will perform. For more information, call Mary Justice at 765-663-2673.
• Rush County Players presents “ He’s Alive!” at 7 p.m. and runs through matinee at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 6. Price of admission $5 per person – “lap babies” able to sit on person’s laps are free. This concert consists of faith based skits, solo pieces and musical groupings, some old time hymns and others new ager, but all enjoyable. Contact 765-938-1711 or (location) 306 N. Main St., Rushville, for tickets.
• The Gleaners' Mobile Food Pantry truck will be in Rushville from 4 to 6 p.m., Monday, April 7, at the Main Street Christian Church parking lot.
• Learn about the top financial scams that are targeting seniors and others around the country, including Rush County. “The Fraudulent Top Ten” will be presented at noon Monday, April 7 in the Courthouse Assembly Room and repeated at 7 p.m. in the Fair Office on the Rush County Fairgrounds. Extension Educator Gracie Marlatt will give these free public presentations. Call Purdue Extension at 932-5974 if you have questions or to reserve a spot. Purdue University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. If you require auxiliary aids and services due to a disability, please contact us prior to the event.