Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Reminder for Chamber Partners and Rotarians: After Hours Social for the Rush County Chamber of Commerce and Rushville Rotary Club from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Rushville Elk's for an evening of relaxation. This will be a great opportunity to meet and visit with other Chamber Partner's and Rotarian's. Late hors d'oeuvres will be furnished plus a cash bar will be available. For more information on becoming a Chamber Partner contact Sandy Fussner, Rush County Chamber of Commerce director, 315 N. Main Street, P.O. Box 476, Rushville, IN 46173, 765-932-2880, email@example.com
• The first Tuesday of every month a free health check is available at Miller’s Merry Manor, 2 to 3 p.m. Blood Pressure, blood sugar and weight checks. Refreshments will be available.
• The Rush Co. Master Gardeners and Friends will meet at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 6, at the Huckleberry Hutch, 251 N. Main St., Rushville. This will be our annual Craft Night and there will be 4 or 5 small projects that you can make for a small fee per item. Anyone interested in gardening is welcome to attend.
• RushShelby is offering a free Energy Efficiency Seminar open to the public to get ready for winter heating, please join us, 6 p.m., at the RushShelby Energy office. Is your home prepared for another heating season? Learn how to have a cozy home and lower electric bills. Featured topics will be: effective and efficient attics, crawls spaces and basements, along with space heating dos and don’ts. Do you use space heaters? Join us to see how these are affecting your bill. Attending this seminar will help prepare you for those winter heating bills!
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild regular meeting at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. There is no charge for the regular Wednesday meeting. After a brief meeting, the Guild will work on their service projects. Please bring your machine and any other sewing instruments you might require. Also don't forget to bring a Show ‘n Tell for the meeting. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m.