• The first Tuesday of every month a free health check is available at Miller’s Merry Manor, 2 to 3 p.m. Blood Pressure, blood sugar and weight checks. Refreshments will be available.
• The Rush Co. Master Gardeners and Friends will meet at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 6, at the Huckleberry Hutch, 251 N. Main St., Rushville. This will be our annual Craft Night and there will be 4 or 5 small projects that you can make for a small fee per item. Anyone interested in gardening is welcome to attend.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild regular meeting at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. There is no charge for the regular Wednesday meeting. After a brief meeting, the Guild will work on their service projects. Please bring your machine and any other sewing instruments you might require. Also don't forget to bring a Show ‘n Tell for the meeting. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m.
• The community is invited to the Rushville Elks 1307 Oyster Extravaganza starting at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7. The menu features oyster stew, chili, fried oysters, turkey fries, livers and gizzards, and all the trimmings. Fun and games. Tickets $20 in advance at the Elks bar. All proceeds to benefit Indiana Veterans Services.
• Immunization Clinic for children from 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. in Room 105 of the Rush County Courthouse. Influenza vaccine is available for all children. Rush County Health Department 932-3103.
• Elementary School age student dance from 6-8 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Rush County. $3 per person. D.J. Kevin Green. Proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
• The Franklin County Democratic Party annual Fall Fundraiser at the K of C Hall on Main Street in Brookville. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Dinner at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20/person and can be purchased at the door. Annual auction starting at 7 p.m. with numerous items up for bid. Join us for a night of food and fun! All are welcome. Information: Tom Vohland at 513-593-2345 or at email@example.com.