• The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), East Central Indiana Small Business Development Center (ISBDC) and the Rush County ECDC will host SBA Community Day. The information seminar will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24 at the Rush County Economic & Community Development Corporation (ECDC), River Point Office Suites, 210 East US 52, Suite C, Rushville. Small business owners or those needing financing to start a business can talk with small business lenders about their needs. This is a free workshop. To register, contact either Peggy Cenova at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-282-9950 or Carolyn Bunzendahl at email@example.com or 765-928-3232.
• Rush County Girl Scouts are gearing up for the 2013-2014 membership year. Troops are now forming at all Rush County Schools. The Rush County Service Unit is hosting a registration night from 6 to 7 p.m. Sept. 24 at the Rushville Dairy Queen, 1821 N. Main St. Each girl that registers will receive a free treat courtesy of Dairy Queen. Dairy Queen is donating 10% of their sales from 4 p.m. to close on Tuesday to Rush County Girl Scouts. These proceeds will stay local and help defray the costs of activities for the girls.
• The Manilla Town & Country Homemakers Club will meet for a dinner meeting on at 6 p.m. at Highpointe Orchard near Greensburg. Teola Carmony is the hostess. Evonne Kuhn will give devotions. Roll Call: Your favorite pie. Members are asked to contact Teola if you are planning to attend to pre-order your dinner selection.
• Noble Niters meet at 7 p.m. at the home of Amy Ploeger. Assistant hostess is Connie Meyer. Program on Rush County Victim's Assistance. Leader Carla Angle. Roll call response is favorite subject in school. Inspiration by Connie Meyer.
• Indiana Fall "Fall Into Fun" Samboree 2013, Sept. 26, 27, 28 and 29, Shelby County Fairgrounds, 901 Fair Avenue, Shelbyville, IN 46176. Registration form on web: http://indianagoodsam.com.