Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• RushFest schedule for the weekend in today's edition of the Rushville Republica.
• Rushville Lions Homecoming Football game at the RCHS Lions Stadium at 7 p.m.
• Wesley United Methodist Church Barbeque will be from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the corner of 8th Street and Fort Wayne Road. Big Willy’s cooking ribs.
• Jane Smiley CPA, Inc. is hosting a food drive for the Rush County Food Pantry at our office located at 640 E. 11th Street, Rushville from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20 as a 20th Anniversary celebration of our firm and Indiana CPA Day of Service. Please bring non-perishable food or a monetary donation. A free, outdoor lunch will be provided compliments of Jane Smiley CPA, Inc.
• The Rushville Eagles will host Bingo on Fridays at 7 p.m. and on Sundays at 2 p.m. The community is invited. Information: 765-561-7472.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up week. North of the Flatrock River please put your "Heavy Trash" out the week of Sept. 15 through Sept. 22. Pick up will be the following week, Sept. 23 through 27.
• RushFest Celebration and Wendell Willkie Day Parade, third Saturday in September, all day throughout downtown Rushville. A poker run to tour the five covered bridges will also be held. See full schedule in Friday's Rushville Republican.
• Pink Droyd concert at Riverside Park Amphitheater (Originally scheduled for June 1 and postponed to Sept. 21 due to weather.)
• Phoenix Lodge #62 will hold a community breakfast from 6:30 to 10 a.m. at the Masonic Building located on Main Street above the old Princess Theatre. Free will donation. Meal includes: Sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and pancakes. There is an elevator for those that need it to get upstairs. We hope that all will come out and enjoy this time of good food and fellowship.