Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The 2014 Sewing Seminar sponsored by the Rush County Extension Homemakers will be on Saturday, March 29, with the doors opening at 8:30 .m. The seminar will be at the Root Building on the Rush County Fairgrounds. Participants may choose to attend four mini-sessions in the morning with the featured presenter, Elizabeth Burns, speaking after lunch. Cost is just $15 with the registration deadline on Friday, March 7. Forms are available at www.extension.purdue.edu/rush or by calling Purdue Extension – Rush County at 932-5974.
• The Elks will host an all you can eat Walleye dinner Saturday, March 29 from 5-8 p.m. Dine in, $7.99 and carry out will be $6.99. For any questions call 765-938-1307.
• Knights of Columbus will host an all you can eat chicken dinner open to the public Saturday, March 29 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at 227 E. 3rd Street. Cost will be $10 for adults and $6 for children. An additional $1 will be charged for a meal with all white meat. All you can eat meals are restricted to dine-in only. Carry out will be available. For more information contact Willie Wilson at 932-2277.
• There will be a Shooting for the Stars Euchre Tournament on Saturday, March 29 at the Rush County Players Building, 306 N. Main St., Rushville. Doors open at 5 p.m. with the tournament starting at 6 p.m. A live auction will be at 8 p.m. Consessions will be available. Entry fee is $5 to play cards and winners will receive non-cash prizes. Proceeds go to help Alisha Markley and her basketball endeavors.
• The Manilla Cemetery Association will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. on March 31 at the Manilla Fire Station.
• The special presentation on firearm safety for home and personal defense will be repeated at 6 p.m. Monday, March 31 in the Assembly Room of the Rush County Courthouse. Free and open to the public.