---- — Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The 2014 Sewing Seminar sponsored by the Rush County Extension Homemakers will be on Saturday, March 29, with the doors opening at 8:30 .m. The seminar will be at the Root Building on the Rush County Fairgrounds. Participants may choose to attend four mini-sessions in the morning with the featured presenter, Elizabeth Burns, speaking after lunch. Cost is just $15 with the registration deadline on Friday, March 7. Forms are available at www.extension.purdue.edu/rush or by calling Purdue Extension – Rush County at 932-5974.
• The Elks will host an all you can eat Walleye dinner Saturday, March 29 from 5-8 p.m. Dine in, $7.99 and carry out will be $6.99. For any questions call 765-938-1307.
• Knights of Columbus will host an all you can eat chicken dinner open to the public Saturday, March 29 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at 227 E. 3rd Street. Cost will be $10 for adults and $6 for children. An additional $1 will be charged for a meal with all white meat. All you can eat meals are restricted to dine-in only. Carry out will be available. For more information contact Willie Wilson at 932-2277.
• There will be a Shooting for the Stars Euchre Tournament on Saturday, March 29 at the Rush County Players Building, 306 N. Main St., Rushville. Doors open at 5 p.m. with the tournament starting at 6 p.m. A live auction will be at 8 p.m. Consessions will be available. Entry fee is $5 to play cards and winners will receive non-cash prizes. Proceeds go to help Alisha Markley and her basketball endeavors.
• The Manilla Cemetery Association will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. on March 31 at the Manilla Fire Station.
• The special presentation on firearm safety for home and personal defense will be repeated at 6 p.m. Monday, March 31 in the Assembly Room of the Rush County Courthouse. Free and open to the public.
• The Cub and Boy Scouts pack and troop 33 will host a fish fry at The Knights of Columbus Friday, April 4 from 4:30-7:30 p.m. Cost per meal is $8.50 for adults and kids ten and under $6.00. Menu will include fried fish, au gratin potatoes, applesauce, french fries, green beans, homemade desserts, tea, lemonade and coffee. Their goal is to raise money for camping fees and supplies. Tickets are available from any scout or by calling 765-932-2378. Dine in or carry out will be available.
• Faith Community Church, Manilla, will host a Ham and Bean Supper to benefit disabled veterans from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 4. Tickets are $6 for adults and $3 for children under 10 years of age. There will be a cakewalk at 7 p.m. and a silent auction. Light Ministries will perform. For more information, call Mary Justice at 765-663-2673.
• The Rush County Health Department will hold their next Senior Screening on Wednesday, April 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Rush County Senior Center. The screening includes weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, hemoglobin and blood sugar. Also, health education will be included during the screening program. Referrals to private physicians will be made when needed. This is available to all Rush County senior citizens at no cost. Any questions may be directed to 765-932-3103.
• Please join your CIRCLe sisters for the 1st Grant Gala being held at 6 p.m.on Thursday, April 10. The grant selection event will be held in the 201 Building (corner of 2nd & Main St., Rushville) Remember, your vote counts. Please RSVP before April 1 by calling Betsy Williams at (765) 561-4005 or email Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Member invitations have been emailed.
• At 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 11, Dr. Janette Fishell will present an IU Faculty Organ Recital at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 6045 E. State Street, Columbus. Everyone is cordially invited, admission is free. Dr. Fishell is Professor of Music and Chair of the Organ Department at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and is a teacher/recitalist of international standing.
• “RAISING KIDS YOU’LL LIKE” is the title of a Parenting Workshop, sponsored by Center Christian Church, on April 11. There will be pizza served from 5:15 – 6 p.m. Child care for infants through children 10 years of age will be available beginning at 5:45 p.m. The Parenting Workshop will begin at 6 p.m., ending at 8 p.m., and will be held in the Worship Center. There is NO COST for pizza or the workshop, and there will be free resource give-a-ways at the end of the evening. RSVP to the Center Christian Church (645-5348 or by email: email@example.com) by Tuesday, April 1.
• The Arlington Elementary PTO will be hosting a fried chicken dinner on Friday, April 11 from 4:30-7 p.m. The meal consists of 2 pieces of fried chicken, roll, mashed potatoes, green beans, dessert and a drink. There will also be a carnival and vendors at the school during dinner hours. Pre-sale tickets are available from any Arlington Elementary student for $5. Price at the door will be $7. Please come and support Arlington Elementary!
• The annual Kindergarten Round Up for Rush County Schools is Saturday, April 12, 2014 from 8 a.m. to noon at Rushville Elementary School West. Parents who have students that will be age 5 by Aug. 1, 2014 should plan on attending this event. You will want to enter the Kindergarten Round Up by using the Rushville Elementary School West front sidewalk (sidewalk directly across the street from the Boys and Girls Club).
• Please come out for The Manna Mission’s first annual Arts, Crafts and Antiques Bazaar on Saturday, April 12 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Bazaar will be held at Main Street Christian Church. We will also be having a silent auction, bake sale and lunch. Proceeds from the booth rental, silent auction, bake sale and lunch sales will benefit the Manna Mission. The Manna Mission provides a free meal each month to Rush County residents in need. We are also asking the talented artisans of Rush County and surrounding counties to support our fundraiser by renting a booth to sell your handmade arts, crafts and/or antiques. If you are interested in renting a booth or have any questions please call Main Street Christian Church at 932-2997 for contact information.
• At 9 a.m. on April 12, St. Mary School will be having their 7th Annual 5K Run/Walk. The Run/Walk will begin at the front entrance of RCHS. Registration fee is $15 (all ages). Registrations received after March 26 are not guaranteed a shirt. Late registration the day of the event from 8 to 8:45 a.m. For more information please call 765-932-3639.
•Knights of Columbus will host an all you can eat chicken dinner open to the public Saturday, April 26 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at 227 E. 3rd Street. Cost will be $10 for adults and $6 for children. An additional $1 will be charged for a meal with all white meat. All you can eat meals are restricted to dine-in only. Carry out will be available. For more information contact Willie Wilson at 932-2277.
• Raleigh School Reunion will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at the Raleigh Community Club in Raleigh. This is for anyone who ever attended Raleigh School. RSVP if you like to 765-645-5410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Rushville High School Class of 1964 will be celebrating our 50th class reunion in June and have a few classmates who have not been located. If you have any contact information on David Michael Kalp, Ted Lacy, Byron Thomas, David Stevens, Barbara Moore Scott, Norman Boyer, Connie Carlin, Michael Clifford, Gary Nixon, Jack Swegman or Rose Wilkinson, please email Sherri Griffis at email@example.com.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629 2720.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Every Thursday and Friday the Eagles hosts Bingo. Thursday the doors open at 5 p.m. and Friday the doors open at 6 p.m. For more information, call 932-4946.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.
• The community food pantry, 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Bring photo ID. Donations welcomed.
• In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents.
The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets each Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown. Use the east entrance at the corner of Adams and Locust streets. Information: 765-313-1637.
• Diabetes education classes are held from 5 to 7 p.m. on the first, second, and third Tuesday of each month at Rush Memorial Hospital Skills Lab, second floor. Cost, $10 per class with a $25 refund if all three classes are attended. Info: 765-932-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Partners for a Healthy Rush County meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Boys & Girls Club. Open to all interested businesses, organizations or individuals in Rush County.
• AA and Al-Anon meet at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.
• Crossroads Serenity Group, an Al-Anon group, meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Monday at 333 N. Main Street, Rushville. Information: Gail at 317-642-9112 or Larry at 765-277-9477.
• Veterans, if you have an appointment at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis call (765) 932-3075, seven to 10 days in advance, to arrange a ride in the DAV van. Veterans who need a ride sooner call (765) 561-5445 or (765) 932-2703.
• Rush County Victims Assistance, Inc., monthly meeting on the third Monday of each month at 6 p.m. For location contact the office at 938-1555. The public always is invited. Info: Barbara Kuhn at 938-1555.