Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• RCHS band booster tenderloin dinner will be from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Friday in the RCHS cafeteria. The meal includes a 7 oz. tenderloin sandwich, choice of cole slaw or applesauce, choice of macaroni and cheese or scalloped potatoes, dessert and drink. Carry-out available. Tickets are $6 available from any band student or $7 at the door.
• The Elks will be holding a Texas Holdem' Poker Tournament Saturday Feb.1, at 1 p.m. For more information call 765-938-1307.
• Rushville Eagles will be hosting a free will donation breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m. Sunday. Please come to the back door.
• Sons of Legions members of the Rushville American Legion Post 150 will host a Super Bowl Party Sunday. The 21-and-older event is free and open to the public, beginning at noon. A pitch-in supper will be provided as well as a corn hole tournament and other activities.
• The Rush County Chorale will begin rehearsals at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 3 in the Choir room at Rushville Consolidated High School. Performances will be April 26 and 27. Singers welcome and encouraged to attend.
• Feb. 4 is the earlybird deadline to register for the 2014 Women in Ag Conference that will be held on Feb. 19 and 20 in Jeffersonville. This two-day conference focuses on women’s role in agriculture and will give participants an opportunity to network with others who are in the same position. Registration booklets can be picked up at the Rush County Extension Office, Room 103 of the Courthouse. You can register online by going to www.extension.purdue.edu/rush. Questions can be directed locally to Extension Educator Gracie Marlatt at 932-5974 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Columbus Star Quilters' Guild regularly scheduled meeting will be held Feb. 5, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. The Quilt Show Committee will discuss plans for the Quilt Show in October. You will not want to miss this meeting as the committee will announce the categories and Challenge for the 2014 Show. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.