Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The staff and Board of Directors of the Rush County Community Foundation will be hosting a reception to honor the service and dedication of retiring Executive Director Garry E. Cooley. Please stop by the Rush County Community Foundation office between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 to recognize Garry’s contributions to the community and wish him well on his retirement. Light refreshments will be served. In lieu of gifts, Garry has requested that donations be made to the fund of the donor’s choice.
• Clean Green Rush Tox-Rush Tox-Away Center at Smiley Avenue is open the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon. Rush County residents have a place to take toxic items for safe disposal at no cost. These include, but not limited to, electronic items (anything with a circuit board), batteries, fluorescents bulbs, used motor oil, antifreeze, poisons, mercury, acids, bases, oxidizers, aerosols, household chemicals, oil-based paints (no latex paint) stains, solvents, etc. Call 938-1342 with questions.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild January meeting will be held Jan. 8, 2014 at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. Member Jamie Schantz will hold a trunk show to display many of her quilts including the Viewers’ Quilt Award 2012 Quilt. Her quilts contain unique combinations of color and applique.
The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a Show-and-Tell to share at the meeting. There is no charge to attend.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.