• The partnership of East Central Small Business Development Center, the Rush County ECDC and Rush County Chamber of Commerce is presenting a Launch Your Own Business workshop March 12. The workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to noon March 12, at River Point Office Suites. Call the ECDC at 765-938-3232 or email email@example.com to register or for more information.
• The Rush County Health Department will hold a Senior Screening from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on March 12 at the Rush County Senior Center. For more information, contact the Rush County Health Department at 765-932-3103.
• The Rush County PARP meeting will be at 10 a.m. March 12 in the Root Building at the Rush County Fairgrounds. Required reservations may be made by calling Rush County Extension Office at 765-932-5974 by March 10 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Homer Christian Union Church youth group will host its annual chili supper fundraiser from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on March 15. Chili, hot dogs, dessert and beverage will be available. A free will offering will be accepted and carryout is available.
• The British are coming to Fayette County. They will be performing at the Roberts Building in Roberts Park on March 15. This 28-member band, who play turn of the century brass instruments, is made up of professional musicians and a variety of current and retired band directors, firemen, doctors, and teachers including Lori Dickerson of Connersville. Crossroads Brass Band, the band in residence at Franklin College, Franklin, is one of only three such bands in Indiana. The evening will begin with a three-course dinner complete with homemade pie at 6 p.m. followed by the concert. Tickets for this event are $12.50 and can be purchased by calling Jerian Brandenburg at 825-1896. Seats are limited. Don't miss this event. All proceeds will go to Grand Avenue United Methodist Church.