• The Rush County Health Department will hold a Senior Screening from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on March 12 at the Rush County Senior Center. For more information, contact the Rush County Health Department at 765-932-3103.
• The Homer Christian Union Church youth group will host its annual chili supper fundraiser from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on March 15. Chili, hot dogs, dessert and beverage will be available. A free will offering will be accepted and carryout is available.
• The British are coming to Fayette County. They will be performing at the Roberts Building in Roberts Park on March 15. This 28-member band, who play turn of the century brass instruments, is made up of professional musicians and a variety of current and retired band directors, firemen, doctors, and teachers including Lori Dickerson of Connersville. Crossroads Brass Band, the band in residence at Franklin College, Franklin, is one of only three such bands in Indiana. The evening will begin with a three-course dinner complete with homemade pie at 6 p.m. followed by the concert. Tickets for this event are $12.50 and can be purchased by calling Jerian Brandenburg at 825-1896. Seats are limited. Don't miss this event. All proceeds will go to Grand Avenue United Methodist Church.
• The 2014 Sewing Seminar sponsored by the Rush County Extension Homemakers will be on Saturday, March 29, with the doors opening at 8:30 .m. The seminar will be at the Root Building on the Rush County Fairgrounds. Participants may choose to attend four mini-sessions in the morning with the featured presenter, Elizabeth Burns, speaking after lunch. Cost is just $15 with the registration deadline on Friday, March 7. Forms are available at www.extension.purdue.edu/rush or by calling Purdue Extension – Rush County at 932-5974.
• At 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 11, Dr. Janette Fishell will present an IU Faculty Organ Recital at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 6045 E. State Street, Columbus. Everyone is cordially invited, admission is free. Dr. Fishell is Professor of Music and Chair of the Organ Department at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and is a teacher/recitalist of international standing.